Antibiotic Resistance Resources for Health Care Providers
This page contains information and resources for health care providers including an MRSA treatment flow chart, upper respiratory tract treatment guidelines EPI Manual links, and materials available through the CADE clearinghouse.
Talking with patients about antibiotic use
In the following video a physician explains to the patient the difference between bacteria and virus and why colds are not treated with antibiotics.
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE)
Group A Streptococcus
Haemophilus Influenzae Tybe b (HIb)
Materials available through the Center for Acute Disease Epidemiology Clearinghouse
- Please call 1-800-362-2736 to order the free materials below.
For Public Education
- Poster: Coughing, Runny Nose, Earache (virus vs. bacteria)
- Poster: Coughing, Sore Throat (virus vs. bacteria)
For Distribution to Parents/Guardians
- Brochure in English or Spanish: Your Child and Antibiotics - Antibiotics that are not needed CAN be Harmful
- Brochure: Community-Associated MRSA brochure
- Office flyer: Careful Antibiotic Use - Appropriate Treatment Summary
- Office flyer: Careful Antibiotic Use - Make promoting Appropriate Antibiotic Use Part of Your Routine Clinical Practice
- Poster: MRSA outpatient management flow chart