Information for the Public
Eligibility - Eligible women in Iowa have access to the Care for Yourself Program.
You may enroll for services if you:
- Are between the ages 40-64 years of age;
- Are 65 years old or older and have not enrolled in Medicare Part B;
- Under 40 years old and have a breast lump or other signs of breast cancer; and
- Meet the income guidelines listed below.
Contact A Program Near You...
To view or print information about a program near you, call 1-866-339-7909 or click here
Please check back frequently as this file will be updated on a regular basis.
Iowa WISEWOMAN Program
Women who meet eligibility requirements for the Care for Yourself program are also eligible for the WISEWOMAN program. The WISEWOMAN (Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for WOMen Across the Nation) program provides screenings for heart disease and stroke risk factors as well as lifestyle programs.
The following services are provided by the Iowa WISEWOMAN program:
- An office visit with a participating healthcare provider, which includes:
•Blood pressure readings
•Cholesterol and diabetes screenings
Iowa WISEWOMAN participants are eligible to participate in the following lifestyle programs free of charge:
- Health Coaching
•Up to 26 weeks of Weight Watchers ™
•Home Blood Pressure Monitoring
•Smoking Cessation Program Referral
•Referrals to Community Based Resources
•Medication Therapy Management
Click here to find a WISEWOMAN program near you.