Iowa Gambling Treatment Program
The IOWA GAMBLING TREATMENT PROGRAM (IGTP) works to reduce the harm caused by problem gambling by funding a range of services for Iowans.
- Treatment for problem gambling is available for problem gamblers, concerned persons and family. Services include:
- Outpatient Counseling (including e-therapy options)
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Financial counseling (including budgeting and debt reduction plans)
- Recovery Support Services which are client-selected provider or community-based supports and services intended to enhance and further the client’s recovery journey.
- Targeted Prevention and Education services are available for schools, community groups, employers, casinos, and at-risk groups.
- State-wide help line (1-800-BETS OFF) and website (www.1800BETSOFF.org) provides problem gambling information and referral services.
IDPH contracts with eleven local agencies to provide problem gambling prevention, treatment and recovery support services in eleven service regions that together serve Iowans in all 99 counties. Problem gambling treatment programs must be licensed by IDPH and are selected for contracting through a competitive request for proposals process.
If you are looking for counseling, prevention, or educational services regarding problem gambling, click here to select your county for a list of providers to find where help is available.
For other questions about the Iowa Gambling Treatment Program, send us a message through our Contact Us system.