TB Control Program Home
Who We Are
The mission of the TB Control Program is to eliminate TB disease in Iowa. The TB Control Program collaborates with clinicians and local public health agencies (LPHAs) to minimize the spread of TB in Iowa by promoting effective diagnosis and treatment for persons afflicted with TB infection or disease.
The TB Control Program makes progress towards this mission by:
- Collect, analyze and report surveillance data
- Develop effective TB control policies
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to LPHAs and clinical providers
- Provide case management oversight of active TB disease cases to ensure appropriate treatment completion, and thorough contact investigations of infectious cases of TB disease
- Provide TB medications and approved treatment regimens for all persons afflicted with TB infection or disease
- Coordinate services for refugees and immigrants who enter Iowa with a history of TB infection or disease to ensure they receive clinically appropriate treatment
Click here for basic TB Facts
TB Control Program Annual Report
The purpose of the TB Control Program Annual Report is to provide a summary of TB in Iowa and the activities and achievements of the TB Control Program and our partners during the calendar year. The report provides Iowa-specific TB rates, funding sources, and program-specific data. The annual report will serve as an informational resource for stakeholders, local partners, policy makers and the general public.
TB Survivors Video
The TB Survivor video includes two Iowans who share their story of survival against one of one of society’s most deadly diseases, TB. Their stories put faces to TB disease and underscore the importance of accurate diagnosis and treatment of TB disease. Tuberculosis is not just a disease of the past. On average, Iowa reports 46 cases of active Tuberculosis (TB) disease and more than 1,100 cases of latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) each year. Frontline clinicians and other health care workers are critical to identifying, diagnosing, treating and curing Iowans with TB.
TB Survivor Video
Iowa TB Control Manager
TB Nurse Consultant
TB Program FAX: (515) 281-4570
Use the "Contact Us" page to submit questions online.
Commonly used links
Links to TB Information for Non-English Speakers
This is a sampling of material in other languages available for printing or download from the Web. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The IDPH TB Control Program does not testify to, sponsor, or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.