Board of Physician Assistants - Renewal
You can renew your license up to 60 days before your current license expires.
You may begin the renewal process on August 2 the year the license expires. Look at your current wallet card for the expiration date. Renewal notifications will be emailed to your email address on file with the board at 60, 50, 40 and 30 days prior to the license expiration date. Renew your license early to avoid a late fee or lapse in licensure. All continuing education requirements must be completed prior to license renewal.
Report of Supervising Physicians
Supervising physicians may be added to your online record 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the Board’s online services webpage at: https://amanda-portal.idph.state.ia.us/ibpl/portal/#/dashboards/index . Use your @iowaID account and password to sign in. Click on the More Info link located at the bottom left of the My Licenses screen, under the Action column. Click on the Edit link located on the right side of the screen under Supervision. Read the Instructions posted on the License Detail – Process screen. Use the Add and Save buttons.
7/1/2019 HF 731 MODIFIES MANDATORY REPORTER CHILD ABUSE AND DEPENDENT ADULT ABUSE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS AS FOLLOWS:
- Removes the Iowa Department of Public Health’s responsibility to review and approve mandatory reporter training curricula.
- Requires the Department of Human Services to develop and provide the core training curriculum for all mandatory reporters in Iowa.
- Allows for an employer to provide supplemental training as it relates to their professional practice, in addition to the core training curriculum provided by DHS.
- Maintains that every mandatory reporter must complete 2 hours of training within six months of employment or self-employment, unless otherwise specified by federal regulations, and requires one hour of additional training every 3 years.
- The child and dependent adult abuse trainings can no longer be combined into one 2-hour course. Both the child and dependent adult abuse core trainings will be 2 hours each.
- All mandatory reporters are required to take the core (2-hour) training initially, but will be allowed to take a one hour recertification training every three years thereafter so long as they do so prior to the three-year expiration period.
- Clarifies that all valid mandatory reporter training certificates issued prior to July 1, 2019 remain effective for 5 years.
Due to COVID-19, paper applications will not be processed at this time. Click here to Access Online Services to Apply, Renew, or Reactivate Online. For questions about username and password, please call the State of Iowa Service Desk at 515-281-5703 or 800-532-1174. For assistance with the online application contact 515-281-0254.