Board of Respiratory Care and Polysomnograpy - Continuing Education
Licensees are responsible for meeting all continuing education requirements and should review the Rules carefully and frequently. Scroll through the Rules for detailed information about Continuing Education Definitions, Requirements, Standards, Criteria, and other important content specific to this profession.
7/1/2019 HF 731 MODIFIES MANDATORY REPORTER CHILD ABUSE AND DEPENDENT ADULT ABUSE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS AS FOLLOWS:
- Removes the Iowa Department of Public Health’s responsibility to review and approve mandatory reporter training curricula.
- Requires the Department of Human Services to develop and provide the core training curriculum for all mandatory reporters in Iowa.
- Allows for an employer to provide supplemental training as it relates to their professional practice, in addition to the core training curriculum provided by DHS.
- Maintains that every mandatory reporter must complete 2 hours of training within six months of employment or self-employment, unless otherwise specified by federal regulations, and requires one hour of additional training every 3 years.
- The child and dependent adult abuse trainings can no longer be combined into one 2-hour course. Both the child and dependent adult abuse core trainings will be 2 hours each.
- All mandatory reporters are required to take the core (2-hour) training initially, but will be allowed to take a one hour recertification training every three years thereafter so long as they do so prior to the three-year expiration period.
- Clarifies that all valid mandatory reporter training certificates issued prior to July 1, 2019 remain effective for 5 years.