Board of Sign Language Interpreters and Transliterators - Reactivation
The document below explains the required steps to complete the reactivation process. While the process has several steps many of the requirements can be done simultaneously.
To apply for reactivation of an inactive license in Iowa complete the following reactivation form.
To expedite the processing of your license reactivation, you can take advantage of our online reactivation application. Online license reactivation is safe and convenient!
- Log in to your online account by clicking on this link: https://ibplicense.iowa.gov/
- Enter your account ID. If you don’t know what your account ID is, please call the Board office at (515) 2810254.
- Enter your password. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot Password link located at the top of the sign in page.
- On the My Profile page: update any old information, select [Submit]. Ensure your profile has your current email and mailing address at all times.
- On the My Profile Update page select [Confirm] and Go to My Licenses
- At the bottom left on My Licenses page select [Reactivate]
- Answer all questions.
- Upload Attachment: Proof of completing continuing education is required for reactivation unless it is an establishment license. Continuing education documentation may be attached to your online record via Upload Attachment. Continuing education documentation may also be faxed, emailed or mailed.
- Pay the bill now using MasterCard, VISA, Discover credit or debit card.
Please refer to board rules for the process to reactivate a license.
Scroll down in the Fees Rules to the name of this board to find the reactivation fee
You may access the online services page by clicking https://IBPLicense.iowa.gov/
The new system will allow individuals to complete the following tasks:
- Apply for initial licensure
- Renew your license
- Reactivate your license
- Request a license verification
- Change your address
- Attach documents to your license
- File a complaint
- List of licensees