Reporting of HIV, STIs, and Hepatitis C to IDPH
Iowa law requires providers AND laboratories to report to IDPH.
For more information, visit the pages dedicated to reporting HIV, STIs, and hepatitis C (HCV), respectively:
What to Report
- Newly diagnosed HIV-positive persons,
- Persons previously diagnosed, but new to the provider, and
- Children born to HIV-positive women.
- Chlamydia (any anatomic site)
- Gonorrhea (any anatomic site)
- Hepatitis C antibody screening results (positive/reactive)
- PCR RNA confirmatory tests (positive/reactive AND negative/not detected)