Resources for the Public
Colorectal Cancer Materials
Free CRC Educational Materials
Click here to view and/or order free colorectal cancer educational materials/items.
Reports & Publications
Cancer Data & Publications
Resources for Health Care Workers
What you can do:
- Talk to family, friends and acquaintances about colorectal cancer and encourage them to get screened. Click here for more information on screening.
- Utilize the Power of Talk Toolkit - This toolkit helps health care providers initiate the conversation about colorectal cancer screenings. To request this toolkit, contact Jason Clinton at (515) 281-5616 .
- March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness month.
- Hold a health fair providing colorectal cancer screening tests and/or providing colorectal cancer education.
How to Increase Cancer Screening Rates: A Quality Improvement Toolkit for Busy Office Practices
This FREE one-hour self-directed online course offers CME's and 0.12 hours of nursing CEU's to Iowa's healthcare providers and health professionals. Following this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of cancer in Iowa.
- Create a team approach for clinics to implement policy and system changes to improve cancer screening rates.
- Identify gaps in practices by using the Clinic Self-Assessment Tool.
- Implement changes indicated by the Four Essentials as needed.
- Use a continuous improvement model to measure practice progress for increasing cancer screening rates.
- Receive tools and resources for improving cancer screening rates in your practice and improve the health of your patients through timely and preventative cancer screenings.
Click here to access the training
Reports & Publications
Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) Campaign Materials
The purpose of this campaign is to educate health care professionals on the importance of offering the Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) as another effective colorectal cancer screening option to patients who either won't or can't get a colonoscopy.
For more information:
For more information on available resources contact (515) 242-6516 .
Colon Cancer Foundation of Iowa
The Colon Cancer Foundation of Iowa works to provide colorectal cancer screening assistance for those in need.