State Office of Rural Health
The State Office of Rural Health (SORH) is a federal-state partnership to help rural communities and organizations identify and resolve issues and build rural health infrastructure. The office provides rural health advocacy and outreach, coordination of rural health resources and consultation to communities and health care providers in rural Iowa communities.
Resource Materials Developed by the State Office of Rural Health
Rural Health Clinics
Rural Health Clinics Research provides summaries of ongoing and completed rural health clinic research projects.
CMS Rural Health Clinics Center includes several resources, operations, and clinical guide information.
Web Resources - National
- Medicare Billing Information for Rural Providers and Suppliers 2014 -- This publication consists of "rural" billing information regarding Rural Health Clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Home Health Agencies, Critical Access Hospitals and swing beds.
- AgriSafe Network -- The AgriSafe Network is a national membership organization, representing rurally-based hospitals, health clinics, and county health departments that provide preventive occupational health services for the farming community.
- Economic Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture -- Map and tables showing rural (non-metro) metropolitan and micropolitan counties.
- Great Plains Telehealth and Resource Center (gpTRAC) -- gpTRAC focuses on rural health to build telehealth awareness, promote education, provide individualized consultation, and provide data specific to telehealth.
- Health Resources & Services Administration, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) -- FORHP was developed to inform and advise the Department of Health and Human Services on matters affecting rural hospital, health care, and to coordinate activities within the department that relate to rural health care.
- National Association for Rural Mental Health (NARMH) -- NARMH was founded in order to develop and enhance rural mental health and substance abuse services and to support mental health providers in rural areas.
- National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC) -- NARHC is dedicated exclusively to improving the delivery of quality, cost-effective health care in rural under served areas through the Rural Health Clinics (RHC) Program. NARHC works with Congress, federal agencies, and rural health allies to promote, expand, and protect the RHC Program.
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) -- NOSORH exists to foster and promote legislation, information exchange, education, and liaison activities with all State Offices of Rural Health, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, the National Rural Health Association, and other organizations.
- National Rural Health Association (NRHA) -- NRHA provides a forum for the exchange and dissemination of ideas, information, research and methods to improve rural health.
- Rural America At a Glance -- The Rural America At A Glance series highlights the most recent indicators of social and economic conditions in rural areas for use in developing policies, programs and grants to assist rural areas.
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) -- RHIhub is the nation’s rural health information source. Website offers online library, coverage of rural issues, state guides, toolkits, program models, and more. Provides customized assistance by phone or email. Funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy.
- Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) -- RUPRI conducts policy-relevant research and facilitates public dialogue to assist policymakers in understanding the rural impacts of public policies and programs.
Web Resources - State
State Office of Rural Health
Iowa Department of Public Health
321 East 12th St., 4th fl. Lucas Bldg.
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
P: 515.499.4467 | F: 515.242.6384 |