Adult Patient Registration
All adult patients age 18 and over must complete a patient registration application. Minor patients (under 18 years old) and any adult patients who need a caregiver will need the caregiver to complete a separate caregiver registration application (see caregiver registration tab on the left side of this screen). Registration cards are valid for one year and must be renewed annually.
Online Application Guide
The document below is a step-by-step walkthrough for guiding patients through our online application process:
How to Apply (And Renew):
1. Download the form below, and schedule a visit with your Healthcare Practitioner to discuss medical cannabidiol.
2. Complete and submit and adult patient application, using the button below.
- After a patient's healthcare practitioner certification form has been signed by your healthcare practitioner, patients should apply using our online patient application by clicking on the blue button below:
- If you are unable to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 515-725-2076.
- All applications must include:
- Healthcare Practitioner Certifcation Form, signed by your healthcare practitioner
- Completed Adult Patient Application (paper or online)
- A copy of your photo ID, which can be either:
- A valid Iowa driver's license
- A valid Iowa non-operator's identification card
- $100, unless the patient is applicable for the reduced fee
- $25, when scanned proof of any of the following is provided:
- Copy of Social Security Disability Benefit notice (SSDI notice)
- Copy of proof of receipt of Supplemental Security Income Payment (SSI receipt)
- Copy of Iowa Medicaid member card
- Copy of Hawk-I member card
3. Next Steps:
- The OMC will review your application.
- If applicants provided an email with their application, they will receive a temporary card via email, and their permanent card will be mailed to the address provided in their application.
- If no email was provided with the application, patients will receive their permanent card at the address provided with their application.
'4.5g THC per 90-days' Waiver Form and Submission
There are two exceptions to the '4.5g per 90-day purchase limit, below:
- For any patient certified for a terminal illness (a healthcare practitioner may indicate more THC per 90-days at the time of certification)
- If the patient's original healthcare practitioner certifies them for additional THC, after the patient has participated in the program.
- *Note* - This form cannot be completed by a practitioner other than who originally certified the patient.
This form below is to be utilized by healthcare practitioners to increase a patient's 'THC per 90-day' purchase limit after participation in the program. The specific amount of THC per 90-days must be indicated by the patient's original certifying healthcare practitioner:
After your waiver has been completed by your certifying practitioner, use the button below to verify your account and submit your waiver:
Renewing Your Card?
A patient’s medical cannabidiol registration card expires one year from the time it is issued. Patients will be notified by letter or email 60 days prior to their card expiring. To renew their card, each year, a patient must:
- Visit their healthcare practitioner to have their condition recertified
- Submit the same forms to the Department of Public Health as listed above
- Provide the necessary payment
Mobile Registration Process
You can apply for your Medical Cannabidiol card using your smartphone or mobiel device. Our registration site is optimized to be used by any mobile device! Similar to our online registration, the steps for mobile application are below: